• Investor confidence surged in the last quarter of 2014 to a new record high. Optimists outnumbered pessimists by a margin of 31%.
• Investors continue to see the upside in Auckland’s property market, recording a net positive 63%, the highest of all 11 regions surveyed.
• Tauranga/Mt Maunganui maintained it’s number three ranking in confidence for the year with a net positive 49%.
• Christchurch is ranked fourth with a net positive 48%. This is the most confident respondents have been in the future performance of Christchurch’s property market since September 2013.
• Wellington’s surge in confidence continues its upwards momentum, fuelled by all three sectors. Confidence is double the level recorded in the March 2014 quarter.
• Investors are the most pessimistic about upcoming conditions in Whangarei, with a net negative 25%.
2,847 responses were utilised to construct the survey results.