A Harsh Lesson For Landlord

Landlord sentenced over gas fire death

Wednesday Jun 25, 2014

”"
A Whangarei landlord has been sentenced to six months home detention for illegally installing a gas cooker that resulted in the death of a 19-year-old woman.
Lesley Wehi-Jack was killed on Waitangi Day last year when a faulty, leaking gas cooker caused an explosion which engulfed her house in flames.
She died later from her burns.
Peter McLeod had personally installed a gas cooker into the Ruakaka house before renting it to Ms Wehi-Jack in February 2013.

link:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11281615

Posted in News & Articles | Leave a reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>